find out counter

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Positive Vibes

It's a chilly Thursday and I'm definitely not feelin' it with my last post being about Spring and all...

I would like to vent and tell you about my ongoing shoe issue. It's a serious problem guys, I have been back to the same department store 3 times to exchange a of couple heels for some others. The cashier probably hates me since I coincidentally end up with her every time but she is accommodating and chipper. My issue is that I can't find any comfortable heels for the office! I don't walk around all that much since I need to be planted in what we call "The Fishbowl"  but when I had my new, cute, nude Franco Sarto wedges on yesterday it was almost like I had pain inflicting torture devices on each foot. Mr. Sarto knows how to make a mean looking shoe which I'll give many respectful props for. I just can't seem to find a new shoe these days that will last me 8 hours worth of walking up and down our halls. Flats are bad and maybe ever worse too. Help!

I'm sorry Mr. Sarto but I'm sure you will forgive me since many women purchase your shoes and you are doing just fine. Check out Sarto's interview when you scroll down on the Portland Monthly and some other good shoe lovin'.


I have gnome feet which is the problem with unfortunately no solution. I just haven't been able to find that one designer that I can be loyal to. I want something cute and comfy. Not too much to ask right?
This post is supposed to be positive and what I am about to preach to you  is exactly that. Drum roll please..

ALEX AND ANI YA'LL!
I'm surprised you haven't heard of this booming bangle company? They actually got a commercial during the super bowl this year and just opened a brand new store in Georgetown! Alex and Ani, LLC makes Eco-friendly jewelry all made right here in the  motherland with love. The creator and designer, Carolyn Rafaelian (below), named the company after her 2 daughters. Her mission is to infuse each bracelet and piece with positive energy, authenticity and unique beauty. I find her quite inspirational and it makes me proud to wear all 3 of my bangles. I want more so I can wear them all up my arm like a dork. I'm sure Carolyn wouldn't mind.


Check out the site!!!

That's all for now,

-C




No comments:

Post a Comment